- Number of new trains and cars: 44 in total (3 MBTA Commuter Rail, 6 Red Line, 5 Orange Line, 4 Green Line, 5 Acela, 3 Amtrak, 3 red subway cars, 4 mine cars, 2 freight cars, 1 electric smart train, 3 paint-your-own, 5 Thomas the Tank Engine)
- Number of COVID tests: 10 amongst all three of of us. Or, if you prefer, around $115 worth.
- Number of days without daycare: 16. And it was a good thing, since we got close-contact emails from school for 12/20 and 12/21, which would have meant we’d have again been relegated to parking lot rendezvous.
- Relatives visited on both sides: 12
- Miles driven: 789, probably 50 of which were in service of eliciting desperately needed naps from somebody.
- Cookies: We didn’t count. Nor should i take all that much credit for them. But let’s say there were 150 of them.
- Playgrounds: 7, one of which was a new discovery.
- Nights where we got a good night’s sleep: 3, maybe? Dude was out of his rhythm for sure.
- Big, significant presents he hasn’t even gotten around to opening yet and are going to be seriously welcome when we get quarantined next month: 4
Not as exhausting as last years, where we were stuck together for 31 days and had even fewer places to go, and barely any way to see anyone, and were well and truly tired of each other, but I’m still confident he’s going to be glad to see his friends soon. And by the end of the week he’ll be glad to spend the day with us again. And his endless supply of trains.